STCW Modular Courses & Pre-Sea Competency Subjects
Fees: INR 5,25,000/-
The fees are to be paid after sucessful Screening befor the course commencement. ( Next courseEnd September 2019) . This fee will cover the full training component.
STCW Basic Modular Course.
Basic Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) 2010 are courses mandatorily required by International Maritime Organisation (IMO). This is an entry level course, required for all persons wishing to work aboard seafaring vessels and comprises the five modules:-
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW A-VI/6-1)
This very important part will be conducted in the first two weeks at Naval Maritime Academy (NAMAC) . Run by the Indian Navy, NAMAC is a ISO: 90001 certified institute. Providing Hands on trainings on Ship handling simulators, Fire-fighting training hard, Deep pool, Boats etc it has been awarded as THE best Maritime Institute for STCW courses in the Country.
Pre-Sea Competency Course.
Over the next Two and a Half months, classroom instructions on competency subjects, theory and practicals, journals and assignments will make the Cadets ready to be useful and confident when they go onboard on ships for their .
- Over 340 hours for Pre-Sea Class room and practical training on Navigation, Seamanship, and subjects of practical utility.
- Training Films and discussions, Assignments.
- Dockyard visit.
- Simulator Helming Traininig
- Personality / Character development sessions to prepare for a seafarers life.
Inclusions: Snacks, refreshment and Lunch on all working days will be provided.
Assistance: Comfortable stay for out of town candidates can be provided on request at additional cost.
Seafarer's Registration and Processing Fees
You will need to be registered, with the Foreign Flag Authorities, as part of processing, to place you onboard ships for your Deck Cadets' sea time onboard foreign flagged ships . This Fee is to be paid after your screening, in the two weeks upto completion of your STCW Modular Courses.