✦Stage - 2 : STCW Modular Courses & Pre-Sea Competency Course
Fees: INR 6,75,000/-
(Note: Only Cheque / Bank Transfer payment is allowed for this payment)
The fees are to be paid after sucessful Screening befor the course commencement. ( Next course End March 2020). This fee will cover the full pre-sea training stage
➢ STCW Basic Modular Course. - 3 Weeks
Basic Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) 2010 are courses mandatorily required by International Maritime Organisation (IMO). This is an entry level course, required for all persons wishing to work aboard seafaring vessels and comprises the five modules:-
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW A-VI/6-1)
This very important part will be conducted in the first two weeks at Naval Maritime Academy (NAMAC) . Run by the Indian Navy, NAMAC is a ISO: 90001 certified institute. Providing Hands on trainings on Ship handling simulators, Fire-fighting training hard, Deep pool, Boats etc it has been awarded as The Best Maritime Institute for STCW courses in the Country.
➢ Pre-Sea Competency Course. - 9 Weeks
Over the next Two and a Half months, classroom instructions on competency subjects, theory and practicals, journals and assignments will make the Cadets ready to be useful and confident when they go onboard on ships for their .
- Over 340 hours for Pre-Sea Class room and practical training on Cargo Handling & Stowage, Ship Stability, Navigation, Seamanship, subjects related to Controlling the Operation of the Ship and Care for Persons on-board.
- Training Films and discussions, Assignments.
- Dockyard visit.
- Helming Training
- Personality / Character development sessions to prepare for a seafarers life.
Inclusions: Snacks, refreshment and Lunch on all working days will be provided.
Boarding Assistance: Stay for out of town candidates can be assisted with. However they will need to finalise and pay for the stay in Mumbai, under individual capacity.
✦Stage - 3 : Registration as Seafarers (within above fee).
➢ Seafarer's Registration and Processing. Two types of seafarer registrations will be done .
- Registration as a Indian Seafarer : Afer the STCW Certification, Cadets will be registered in the Indian National Database of Seafarers - INDOS. Thereafter they will register and obtain an Indian Open Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) from Director General Shipping. These along with their Indian Passport will enable them to be identified as Indian Seafarers, even if they are sailing onboard a foreign flag ship.
- The Deck Cadet will need to be registered, with the Foreign Flag Authorities, as part of processing, to place you onboard ships for your Deck Cadets' sea time onboard foreign flagged ships. This activity will be conducted through Empire State International Pvt. Ltd, Navi Mumbai bearing RPSL No.: MUM 249, as well directly registered with a number of foreign flag authorities.